The primary objectives of our Foundation are:
- To support individual cancer sufferers and their families and dependents by the provision of financial grants, and other support to aid their treatment and recovery.
- To support and work with other Dorset based Cancer Groups, organisations and hospitals by the provision of grants to assist in research and education in Cancer cure and medical equipment for the treatment of Cancer patients.
- If your life has been touched by any of the many forms of cancer or you are inspired by our aims and ideals and would like to support our vision, we would love to hear from you, so please do get in touch.
Support the foundation – how you can help us
- We are open to new ideas and contributions and value your input and would be very grateful for your help in whatever way you can.
- We are looking for new members so if you have some spare time and inspired by what we are trying to achieve then please contact us.
- The foundation is truly indebted to all of its supporters. Together, we are a passion for Cancer Care in Dorset.
Give as you Live!
Shop with your favourite stores and a donation will be made to The Dorset Cancer Care Foundation without costing you a penny extra! Compare prices and shop at thousands of leading stores like Amazon, Expedia and John Lewis. Start today.
Once you’ve made the necessary provisions for your family and friends have you thought about leaving a donation to charity?
Whether you are making a Will for the first time, or updating an existing one, it’s simple to include a donation to Dorset Cancer Care Foundation and ensure that you will be remembered for years to come through the work we do for cancer sufferers in Dorset
Legacies are generally free from Inheritance Tax and could therefore reduce the liability for your loved ones as well as leaving a lasting gift to help those whose financial circumstances have been adversely affected by their diagnosis.
You should contact a reputable solicitor or professional Will writer. These can be found through the Law Society’s website or the Institute of Professional Will writers. We also have contacts with local, reputable firms.
There are different kinds of legacies you may like to consider:
- A Residuary Gift – this is a percentage of your remaining estate once all the expenses, liabilities and other specific gifts have been paid. This gift is the most beneficial as it keeps its value better than a set amount.
- Pecuniary Gift – this is a specific amount of money.
- Specific– this gift is a specific item for example, jewellery, art or antiques.
You only need to say that you are leaving a gift to Dorset Cancer Care Foundation and include our registered charity number 1151603. We are also happy to provide you and your solicitor with a letter on our work and legacy options.
October is Make A Will Month when many solicitors will give you free advice on wills and legacy giving.
For more information please contact email@example.com