DCCF is a local charity for local people who are experiencing financial hardship because of cancer.
We can offer non-repayable grants to fund:
- Transport and parking costs during treatment
- Overnight accommodation during treatment
- Food bills
- Accommodation payments while you are out of work
- Household modifications and special equipment
- Domestic help during illness
- Wigs and prosthetics
- Days out for families experiencing cancer
- Respite holidays
- Other financial hardships
READ TESTIMONIALS HERE
DCCF was founded by Eve Went, Leslie May Harrison and Pam Jeffries from Poole, in 2012.
Each had been touched by cancer, either personally or through friends and relatives, and had learned much about other people’s needs and concerns, especially the added financial burden caused by their diagnosis.
DCCF was born out of a desire to offer financial support to local Dorset residents affected by cancer and their families.
The charity is overseen by a board of hands-on Trustees and supportive Patrons As a non-profit making organisation, all net proceeds are used solely to provide financial support to individuals and/or cancer groups, organisations, hospices and hospitals in Dorset.
The Trustees are supported by ‘Friends of DCCF’ – our dedicated group of Sponsors,
Volunteers, Fundraisers and Supporters – without whom we could not operate.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED HERE