DCCF Facts & Figures
1: Is DCCF growing and can we meet the demand for awards?
In the first 5 months of 2018, we received 58 requests from Dorset residents and their families who were facing financial difficulties as a result of experiencing cancer, this is compared to 71 applications for the whole of 2017 (please see the chart).
As a result of this huge growth we need to increase our fundraising accordingly to match this demand.
Can you help us or do you know anyone who would like to join our fundraising teams? Wherever you are in Dorset, we’d love to hear from you!
2: What type of grants are awarded?
The type of awards granted covers a multitude of necessities for those in need of some financial help during their cancer journey. This can include:
• Transport and parking costs during treatment
• Overnight accommodation during treatment
• Accommodation/mortgage payments and household expenses
• Household modifications and equipment
• Childcare or domestic help during illness
• Wigs, Lymphoedema sleeves, mastectomy bras
• Respite holidays and days out for families experiencing cancer
• Other financial hardships
2: What areas do we cover?
We cover the whole of the county of Dorset, but are aware that we need to further raise awareness outside of the Bournemouth/Poole conurbations where the charity was initially established .
We are fortunate to have some of our enthusiastic new Ambassadors taking the message and fundraising outside these areas and we appreciate any help in spreading our message further afield. Below are details of how the awards were distributed in 2017:
If you would like to help with fundraising or awareness, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07593 890 879