DCCF Administrator Assistant Job Description and Person Specification
Job Title: Part Time Fundraiser/Administrative Support
Reporting to: Head of Administration/Fundraising
Location: Poole Dorset
Salary: £10 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week (flexible) need to be able to do Mondays
Period: 6-month trial period leading to permanent role
Annual leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
Pension: Automatic Workplace Enrolment
Full Driving License and Car required
Application: Please email your C.V. and a covering letter to Nikki Davies-Thomas @ firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August. Interviews 5th and 6th September 2019
I will notify those by 2nd September who have not been selected for interview,
Your C.V. must be no more than 2 sides long and your covering letter must evidence how you meet each requirement in the person specification
More information: If you have any questions please contact Nikki Davies-Thomas @ email@example.com
The Dorset Cancer Care Foundation has been established to provide financial assistance to cancer sufferers and their families By the provision of grants, the foundation will provide financial support to aid with the recovery and treatment that patients need, when traditional care may be insufficient; the foundation will also support and work with other Dorset based Cancer Groups, Organisations and Hospitals to help assist with research and education into finding a cure for cancer as well as medical equipment required for the treatment of cancer patients.
For the right person, this is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference to lives of cancer sufferers and their families within Dorset.
Purpose of job:
To support our Head of Administration to deliver on our fundraising strategy; the bulk of the work will be fundraising, but we want to establish a broad portfolio to include trust fund raising and make ourselves an organisation that is financially sustainable well into the future we want someone who will deliver on an agreed plan but also can show some initiative and original thinking. Supporting the Head of Administration duties whilst on annual leave.
The role will involve some help supporting volunteers and Ambassadors; we are a small team and so working with colleagues will be crucial.
- Maintain contact with new and current members and ensure new members are added to database. This will also give opportunity to elicit information from members to use for future planning. Plus, regularly update members on any event changes and remind them of forthcoming events. Update database showing members which events they have attended and supported the DCCF.
- Continue to strengthen increasing membership and to evaluate on a monthly basis. To present data to Trustees as requested.
- Maintain register of award certificate issued to our members on our members evening, for selection of finalists for annual trophy (PR Ball)
- Locate appropriate venues for events and try to obtain with minimal cost to charity. To secure and confirm each event must be recorded with breakdown of profit and loss. With a view to achieving 1.5 multiples over and above normal calendar of events for the year.
- Each event and volunteer for said event must have a Risk Assessment carried out. – We need two Risk Assessments as follows:- Event and Volunteer respectively. Fundraiser to designed and maintains register.
- Formulate subcommittees for each event and attend meetings and produce meeting notes. Continue communication with relevant support team until event and follow-up with comments and suggestions once event has taken place. Liaise closely with PR with a view to maximising all events.
- At subcommittee meetings: obtain costs for event, work out ticket price, delegate responsibility to individuals to undertake areas of organisation to help get event underway and organise.
- Ensure that each event is on target regarding costs and organisation and monitor monthly if necessary.
- Ensure tickets for events are sold and regularly monitor and working events 3 months in advance , 12 months in advance for annual ball and 9 months in advance for Friends of Charity evening,
- Organise presentations and try to ensure we can also promote sponsors.
- Ensure scrapbook is kept up to date of events and photos of each event sent to administration for web site.
- To help prepare report for trustee’s meetings and attend regular meeting as requested.
- Weekly meeting with Head of Administration at the beginning of the week
- Join the Head of Administration at PR Meetings
- Liaise with the member who is undertaking the management of the collection tins and make-up buckets – support and try to help increase collections and donations.
- Ensure appropriate thank you letters are sent.
- Update website regularly for events by communication with administration.
- Organise prizes for events and ensure each event is structured and Trustees allocated to support.
- To ensure that we work twelve months ahead of planning of events where possible.
- To attend Coffee Mornings and ensure we try and increase membership and liaise with administrator who is attending.
- To cover Head of Administration during Annual Leave
- To attend/help on Members’ evenings and ensure the following help is given to the Head of Administration on information regarding
- Up to date of fund raising
- Up to date of awards
- Guest speaker
- Background (power point) of charity
- Raffle to support event and availability of tickets for events and up to date of volunteers needed for events
- To ensure we promote at all times the DCCF and any other businesses which are relevant to the fund-raising role and maintain the smooth running thereof, to include full marketing materials
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Head of Administration/Fundraising
|High standard of written English with the ability to produce concise and persuasive prose||✓|
|Have good written and verbal skills.||✓|
|Be confident in making decisions.||✓|
|Good Communication skills||✓|
|Have experience working with customer relationship||✓|
|Be I.T. proficient||✓|
|Be organised in managing workload and be able to prioritise||✓|
|Have experience supervising volunteers and be aware of working with volunteers||✓|
|Ability to learn new things quickly and retain information.||✓|
|Have experience working within a small team.||✓|
|Be able to use own initiative and work autonomously.||✓|
|Effective problem solving||✓|
|Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of fundraising areas||✓|